Thursday, April 12, 2012

Time with my boys

Since I was a little girl, all I've ever wanted to do was be a stay at home mom. Now I am and it is completely wonderful. Never would I ever even consider doing something else or working or anything. There is something so almost magical about holding a sleeping baby, reading the same book over and over and over, watching crazy children running around of superheroes play fighting, and especially them until each other thank you and you're welcome. my day time shows consist of pbs fireman sam, lunches are p b j's and carrot sticks for extra energy (thank you Super Why), and we have pancakes for breakfast multiple times a week. I change close to 10 diapers a day, and watch said diapers every other day. I have only managed to scrapbook 5 pages in the last 9 months. I have a checklist in my head of projects to get  done that I don't know when will be done. going to the grocery store it is Somewhat like going to a circus. I hear "you must have your hands full" more often than I can count. Not have a week goes by without me being peed on. Birthday cards are always late, laundry is almost never done on its appointed day, and the kitchen... well, let's just say I clean it sometimes.

There are people who lament having children- or more so the struggles experience with those children. I will be the first to tell you that it is not just sitting around watching tv, eating chocolate and drinking wine. actually, right now I have to keep track of when I drink the wine so that I don't feed the baby too soon. kinda put a damper on date night. :) most mornings jack comes in bed with us before we get up just to have that 1 more feeding. the older boys almost always wake us up before we are ready. And most likely you're too tired to even watch a movie.

This is the best life I could ever have imagined. I honestly don't understand how many mother would not want to stay with her children. I hate dishes, but bring them on. I love my sleep, but I'll give it up. I gladly sacrifice my personal time. These beautiful children are my life, and I would gladly spend every day with them. Right now Titus  is that a class with his grandma. They are handing out cupcakes we made together and I'm not there to do it. I am okay with this, with multiple children it is bound to happen. I am thankful his grandmother gets to do this with him. And I am thankful for the time with my younger boys. They growing up, and they are bound to do. Soon enough they will be in school, and then what will I do with my time? :) It brings me to tears to think about how my husband to go work to some store and not be here with the family. I know he would be here in an instant if you could. I am so blessed to be covered in dirt and poop and have to wipe crying eyes, answer 1000 why questions, calm down fighting children, wash those dang diapers one more time, and get dinner on the table by 5 pm. I have an amazing husband who helps  without ever complaining, grand parents who love their grandchildren and love the Lord, and a live in sister for some good girl talk and help. I can't imagine it getting better than this.

Lincoln is waking up from his nap. He is dressed as Super Why and runs around saying " with the power to read". This is my job and it kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.