Monday, April 9, 2012

Life

I cannot imagine being so helpless, feeling so worthless, as to end my own life. There was once I did, but it was long ago. The difference I know is God-our Lord Jesus Christ and his redeeming grace. There is nothing we can do apart from that. Apart from that, we do deserve to die. We all deserve the eternal punishment of hell.

It makes me want to scream at the devil. He whispers those awful things to us in our darkest moments. "You have done terrible things. You are not loveable. You are worthless and pathetic. There is no reason for you to continue living." In theory, he is not lying. If not for Christ, he's right. But we cannot forget-we are made in the image of the Most High God. We are His image-bearers and Christ died for us. Then he rose again and lives forever. Oh, that all would come to know that truth before it is too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.