Nothing says summer like baseball. Probably because I spent my childhood watching it and listening to it on the radio. My dad would often be working on projects outside with the Giants on the radio.
Years ago I reconnected with a friend from high school who had two young boys (about 4 and 2 at the time) whereas Titus was under a year at the time. He told me his boys played baseball from the time they could walk (the same friend once told me heaven must have Giants baseball or it wouldn't be that heavenly). At the time I thought no way. They wouldn't really start sports that early.
Boy was I wrong.
Now my oldest is 4 and will be playing tball this summer. We're watching Giants baseball nearly everyday and playing (catching, throwing, batting) more often than that. Sometimes Lincoln joins in too.
Baseball is so nostalgic and comforting to me. I hope the kids can have that too. Yeah, it's just a game. The players get payed a ridiculous amount of money. The tickets cost an outrageous amount. But there's something about watching that game with your dad, cheering on your team, or connecting with that ball that is just something wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.