Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sick Kids at Home

These past couple days are when I'm so glad we stay home. Titus caught a flu/cold sometime between last Thursday-Saturday. Monday he threw up once and then it was just a cold after that. Wednesday night, Lincoln woke up and threw up and proceeded with a normal cold. Jack, thankfully, skipped the throwing up but has a cough and a cold. Now it's catching up with me too. I'm toeing the line between resting and trying to get stuff done before I'm too sick to move.

These are the times, more than others, that I am so thankful I stay home with the kids. We all get to rest. No worries about having to go out or even get dressed! We're keeping the germs confined to our house. And yes, PBS is my friend when I want the kids to sit on the couch all day. It's amazing how hard it is to actually get kids to sit and not run around.

It's so nice to see the kids getting back to normal and being their silly selves again. As much as they can wear me out, I'd take the crazy running 10:1 over the laying around.

On another note, I'm a little frustrated with the habit of tv in the morning. Especially now that it's warming up outside, I'm planning on starting to take walks in the morning as soon as Gabe leaves for work. I only wish there was more within walking distance. I'd love to just walk to the store. Oh well. I think I'll try to make them scavenger hunt walks. I need to be more proactive in preparing stuff for the boys. Ooh, maybe I'll make a treasure map and have them guide me. That'd be.

I'm also so thankful for a neighborhood where I can safely walk! I do really love it here in Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.