Today I'm having one of those days. I'm just irritable and tired and irritated that I'm tired and tired of being irritating. Boys are going to bed and I have clean laundry on the floor, dry laundry in the dryer, clean wet laundry in the washer and a mound of dirty on the laundry room floor. None of it will get done tonight. The kitchen is a mess, I forgot to wash our bed sheets so we have none, and I ate too many cookies.
It's pathetic how easily I get overwhelmed. Three kids are fed, pj-ed, and in bed. I can hear my hubby putting away the laundry. We can use the guest sheets. Oh well on the cookies.
I'm thankful that God loves me like He does. I'm thankful I'm more than a child prone to tantrums in His sight. I'm thankful for each and every day I get to serve my children and hubby and be served more than I deserve. I'm thankful He gives me the grace and ability choice to see how good I have it. To choose not to let something as silly as laundry overwhelm me and steal my joy.
I choose to instead be overwhelmed by Him. By His grace, His mercy, His steadfast unending love. To be overwhelmed with humility in remembering how little I am. I choose to celebrate and not dismay.
And I choose to do better tomorrow...and finish the laundry. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.