Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lincoln

Linc turns two today. Man, his labor sucked. I was in a ton of pain- crazy back labor. I sat on a ball rocking back and forth for most of the time. We didn't know the gender so although I was excited to find out, I was so exhausted I just wanted it to stop. Gabe was great, as always. I was induced at 6 am and lincoln was born after 1.
The most amazing part  was when they handed him to me...and didn't take him away. Then he was hungry, and I fed him. He was healthy, he was strong, he was ours.
Thank you God for the miracle of a second boy to love and hold and watch grow into a man. Thank you for this toddler with his curly hair and sparkling blue eyes. Thank you for a boy who absolutely loves his brothers and antagonizes the heck out of them. My boy who loves to play and give hugs and eat off everyone else's plate, who laughs and giggles and listens selectively. :)
Lincoln, I cannot wait to see who you become. Your dad and I love you more than you can know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.